Alumni of the Department
The begining was in 1922
when the 'First Batch of Alumni' passed out from the Department of
Applied Chemistry of the University of Calcutta. At that time the Degree was M. Sc. in Applied Chemistry. From then we have
a rich sources of our Alumni. A good numbers of Academicion, Researcher,
Technologist and Entrepreneur were/ are the proud Assets of ours.
The traditions of attaining professional Excellency by our Alumni are still
proceeding on. Presently, the Department of Chemical Engineering is one of the topmost departments of the University.
With the vast resources of our Alumni, in India and abroad, we are able to form an Association, Registered under the West Bengal Societies Registration Act 1961. The Association is of individuals of passed out students of the Department of Chemical Engineering and the former Applied Chemistry Department. Associates for the well-being and academic developments of Students are also invited to the Association. It is the help and cooperations of our Alumni to make the Association engaged in organizing Technical lectures, Seminars, Workshops and Interactive Sessions in collaboration with the department of Chemical Engineering since its inception for career development of students.
It has also been organizing in collaboration with the department, the Reunion of the past and present students, teachers and staff of the department and the former department of Applied Chemistry from long years.
On the occasion of the Reunion we felicitate the Distinguished Alumni of the department, and also present Service Awards to the distinguished teachers and staff of the Department of Chemical Engineering as well as of Former Department of Applied Chemistry.
The Association has instituted an Endowment Fund, by the name of Prof. N K Bose, used for carrying out Research Work in Thrust Areas.